Reports ToSVP, Acquisitions
LocationSan Diego, CA
The primary role of this position is to conduct financial analysis, prepare executive summaries, and coordinate CREA’s business development pipeline for qualifying Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively communicate with third party lenders, borrowers, counsel, and internal personnel. Job responsibilities include:
- Analyze and update financial projections for multifamily residential properties;
- Review market studies, tax credit applications, and sponsorship information to ensure conformance with internal requirements;
- Prepare Placement Committee packages;
- Coordinate Placement Committee approvals;
- Other duties as requested by the SVP, Acquisitions.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; and one to two years of applicable financial analysis, financial modeling, or transactional real estate experience. Candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to comfortably interact with senior management, and a large external client base. Less than 5% travel per year required. Travel includes attendance at industry conferences and events; and annual company meeting in Indianapolis. Must be entirely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each Key Attribute.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Strong attention to details and ability to prioritize
- Strong initiative and ability to work with limited guidance & supervision
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Honesty, Commitment, Collaboration, & Approachability)