Reports ToAVP, Acquisitions
LocationIndianapolis, IN (preferred)
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners. While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients
The primary role of this position is to conduct financial analysis, prepare executive summaries, and coordinate CREA’s business development pipeline for qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively communicate with developers, third party lenders, legal counsel, and CREA employees at all levels. Job responsibilities include:
- Analyze and update financial projections for affordable multifamily residential properties;
- Review market studies, tax credit applications, and sponsorship information to ensure conformance with internal requirements;
- Prepare Placement Committee packages;
- Proactively coordinate Placement Committee approvals;
- Prepare letters of intent;
- Other duties as requested by the AVP, Acquisitions.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting; two to three years of applicable financial analysis, financial modeling, or transactional real estate experience are preferred. Applicants with prior multi-family real estate tax experience, and/or CPA designation, preferred. Candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to comfortably interact with senior management, and a large external client base. Less than 10% travel per year required. Travel includes attendance at industry conferences and events; and annual company meeting in Indianapolis. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each Key Attribute.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive mindset and taking ownership of workload
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Strong attention to details and ability to prioritize
- Strong initiative and ability to work with limited guidance & supervision