Reports ToOffice Manager
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients
While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of. Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, our Portfolio Management team is growing, and seeking to add a talented Administrative Assistant to their team.
The Administrative Assistant will be charged with a wide range of administrative and operational support related tasks and must have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision. The candidate must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs.
This position is a combination of administrative duties and project management. The candidate must be able to assist in developing procedures for new projects in addition to handling existing projects.
To be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will be able to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, and time-conscious of deadlines. A high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. The Administrative Assistant will work with the Office Manager on a day-to-day basis.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of a wide variety of reports
- Administer and schedule monthly and quarterly projects
- Tracking and filing documents
- Scheduling, coordinating, and preparing for company and departmental meetings
- Printing and scanning documents
- Preparing mailings
- Assist in the processing of banking related activities and wires
- Provide support to Fund Management and Asset Management with daily/monthly tasks
- Back up the Administrative Team as needed
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks as driven by business needs
- Assist with company sponsored activities for special events
- Safety Coordinator (one of three)
- Facilities related responsibilities including submitting general office maintenance requests and being CREA’s point of contact for building management in our headquarter office, Indianapolis, and some regional offices (Portland, San Diego, Sarasota)
- Facilitating office transitions including maintaining furniture, equipment, and supply inventory and responding to maintenance requests
- Develop and maintain relationships with external facility related service providers and help maintain safe office operations and space for CREA employees.
This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least one-year previous administrative experience, preferably in a professional office setting. The working hours for this position are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, EST. Administrative responsibilities will occasionally require overtime.
The employee must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner. The employee must be open to change based on business needs with little notice and able to multi-task. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, with a heavy emphasis in Outlook and Excel.
The employee must be able to learn new tasks quickly, possess strong initiative, critical thinking, and process management skills. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following key professional attributes.
Key Professional Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information