Reports ToSenior Vice President, Fund Management
LocationIndianapolis, IN | Boston, MA
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates over 20 years in business, $9.2+ billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 73,000 homes within 797 properties. With over 150 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with us. We are currently looking to add a talented Senior Financial Analyst to the Fund Management department in Indianapolis, IN, or Boston, MA.
Physical Presence: Hybrid, 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
This position within the Fund Management department is a role combining mostly senior management aspects but some analyst level duties in managing all Fund activity for a specific group of CREA Tax Credit Funds. These activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and review monthly cash needs analysis for each Fund.
- Prepare and review and send investor capital calls and bridge loan requests.
- Review tax credit equity adjusters prepared by asset management.
- Assist in making decisions regarding borrowings and investor capital calls while understanding the impacts on investor yield and CREA profitability.
Year End Reporting:
- Review lower-tier partnership tax returns and audits.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Fund audits and tax returns.
- Analyze actual results compared to financial forecasts.
- Prepare and review monthly bank reconciliations and all monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and review quarterly reports including, but not limited to:
- Fund Benefit Schedules
- Project Benefit Schedules
- Project and Fund Level Summary Reports
- Fund cash reserve projections
- Drafting fund entity financial statements
- Drafting investor narratives highlighting key features of the fund entity
- Calculate investor yield on a quarterly basis
- Review Fund Agreements, Amendments, and other Fund documents.
- Prepare consolidated Fund benefit schedules for deal closings.
- Special projects for investors and CREA senior management from both a CREA budgeting and an asset management perspective.
- Update financial models and benefit schedules for special GP requests requiring investor consent.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 4 years of accounting, real estate finance, or related work experience. Knowledge of Great Plains general ledger system or other accounting software is preferred. Previous work experience in the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program or Affordable Housing industry is a plus. The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong customer service skills in interactions with investors, lenders, and developer partners in a financial services environment. The candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with team members representing various departments and having varying specialties, both financial and non-financial. The candidate must possess strong organizational skills. Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and high proficiency in Excel and Word. Overtime hours are expected during certain months of the year. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Core Competencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Initiative and proactiveness are expected
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to interact with Management and employees at all levels
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect.
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.
CREA believes in rewarding the hard work of all those that make our mission possible. Learn about our competitive employee benefits at MyCREABenefits.com.