Reports ToSVP, Syndication
CREA, LLC (CREA) is a full service LIHTC Syndicator with tax credit equity financing in excess of $6 billion since inception in 2001. CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional real estate investment is fundamentally sound real estate; our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions. While CREA has continued to grow to well over 100 employees we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with into the future. With offices headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, CREA’s Syndication & Investor Relations department is growing and looking to add talent for the position of Assistant Vice President, Syndication.
The Assistant Vice President, Syndication in CREA’s Syndication department located with a strong preference in either the Boston or Indianapolis offices, will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Syndication. This individual will be part of an energetic, growing CREA department working in the affordable housing industry. Primary responsibility will be to coordinate upper-tier investor closings and maintain investor relationships, which includes the following job responsibilities:
- Lead closings at upper tier partnership level, including post-closing documentation and closing binders;
- Update and monitor deal pipeline for investor allocations;
- Review committee packages (Placement, Screening and Capital) for adherence to underwriting guidelines and in preparation for review by investors and third-party reviewers (if applicable);
- Prepare/review investor-specific charts, grids, tables outlining investment parameters and comparisons;
- Prepare/review investor financial models and benefits schedules;
- Work with manager to organize and prepare for sales meetings as needed;
- Oversee work of Syndication Analysts assigned to AVP’s accounts;
- Respond to ad hoc request from investors and team members during the closing process;
- Organize and coordinate the third-party review process for properties in national funds and other investor outlets as needed;
- Assist other team members in their responsibilities; and
- Other duties as assigned by managers.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Real Estate. Three to four years of experience in the LIHTC industry is required, with a preference for applicable LIHTC syndication experience. Specific experience in real estate underwriting, finance and analysis is mandatory. Candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with individuals representing various departments and having varying specialties, both financial and non-financial. Individual needs to be a highly motivated, self-starter who is dependable, detail-oriented and capable of working in a productive and independent fashion as well as part of a team. Up to 25% travel may be required. Some overtime is required periodically throughout the year. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a must with a heavy
emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and Word. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the Key Attributes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and initiative and be able to work without guidance & supervision
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration & Approachability)