Reports ToManaging Director, Account Management, Acquisitions
LocationIndianapolis, IN; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA or Sarasota, FL (any CREA office preferred)
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates 20 years in business, over $7.8 billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 66,000 homes within 730 properties. Approaching 140 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with into the future.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and threat others with kindness and respect
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients
The primary role of the Assistant Vice President, Account Manager is to work closely with the Managing Director, Account Management in managing developer relationships and closing lower tier partnerships.
In addition to reviewing and analyzing financial forecasts, the position requires the ability to effectively coordinate with outside legal counsel and internal underwriting procedures regarding the closing of qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively communicate with third party lenders, borrowers, counsel, title companies and internal personnel. Job responsibilities include:
- Structure and analyze financial forecasts for Low Income Housing Tax Credit properties;
- Negotiate Partnership Agreements in accordance with CREA Investment Guidelines;
- Review title, survey, organizational documents, loan documents and insurance certificates and environmental documents to ensure conformance with CREA Investment Guidelines;
- Prepare Capital Committee presentations and coordinate inter-departmental approvals;
- Coordinate third party approvals throughout the closing process;
- Participate in post-closing items including, but not limited to, due diligence deliverables, consent requests, and watchlist / workout properties;
- Manage closing team(s); and
- Other duties as requested by the Managing Director – Account Management, Acquisitions.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Business Administration or a related field; and a minimum of four years applicable experience required. Candidate must have excellent communication skills. Some overtime at certain times of the year is required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel and Word. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes:
- Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information
- Must have strong imitative and be able to work with little guidance & supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Analytical and evaluative skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to function well in a team environment as well as work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills