Reports ToVice President, Business Intelligence & Analysis
LocationPortland, OR (preferred); Boston, MA; Indianapolis, IN
Physical Presence: Hybrid (in-office/remote)
Employer: Private Organization 100+ Employees
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates 20 years in business, over $7.8 billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 66,000 homes within 730 properties. Approaching 140 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with into the future.
The Business Application Developer will provide technical expertise, programming skills and implement software solutions across CREA’s suite of custom, mission-critical business applications and Microsoft Office integration. You will join a creative, agile IT project team that enjoys collaboration and focuses on delivering high-quality solutions that exceed expectations, at a sustainable pace.
.NET Software Engineering
- Lead development, enhancements, and support of Microsoft Office Add-Ins, version-controlled Office template and other business applications
- Write SQL queries and coordinate schema changes with the Data Engineer
- Assist with refactoring and improvement of existing code, including managing legacy system migrations/upgrades to modern platforms
Business Application Integration
- Design and implement customization, automation and data-integration across Microsoft applications, including Excel and Word
- Write complex queries that pull data from multiple data sources
- Perform data analysis using Microsoft Office (primarily Excel) and other BI toolsets
- Provide support to resolve complex help requests related to business apps
- Plan and document software development & testing tasks prior to releases
- Minimum three years’ experience working on a software development team delivering business application solutions, including two years working with.NET and one year using Microsoft Office for automation and data analysis
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge and skills required to interpret and create .NET applications, Microsoft Office Add-Ins, and integrating Office with datastores and other applications
- Experience with the following technologies (or similar):
- Business Applications: (C#, VB.NET, VBA, VSTO Add-Ins, Office, O365, PowerQuery, Power BI, PowerApps, SharePoint)
- Databases: (MySQL, SQL Server)
- Project/Code Management: (GitHub, Pivotal Tracker, Visual Studio, Teams)
- Industry experience in FinTech, Real Estate, Financial Services, or Banking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a team environment and with self-guided work
- You exhibit strong analytical skills
- You are self-motivated to complete tasks with deadlines
- You work and learn quickly without sacrificing quality
- Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect.
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.
CREA believes in rewarding the hard work of all those that make our mission possible. Learn about our competitive employee benefits at MyCREABenefits.com.