Reports ToVice President, Business Intelligence
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates 20 years in business, over $7.1 billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 60,000 homes within 678 properties. Approaching over 120 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with into the future. We are currently looking to add talent for the position of Business Intelligence Analyst to work out of our Portland, OR office.
The primary responsibilities of this position are business process improvement, financial model development, data integration and support with the Portfolio Management department of a real estate investment syndicator. The candidate will be a Microsoft Excel and Office expert working as part of a team building, implementing, and maintaining a proprietary suite of financial analysis tools, systems and processes used to analyze and report on affordable housing, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investments. The candidate will be charged with a wide range of analytical, project management and technical tasks and must have the ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others, including non-technical business stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
Portfolio Management Support
- Gain an understanding of Portfolio Management’s existing business processes and facilitate improvements.
- Work closely with real estate analysts and senior-level finance experts to identify investor reporting needs, then design, build and implement technology solutions.
- Effectively communicate with individuals of various backgrounds, experience, and knowledge – be able to bridge the gap between groups having relatively different levels of technology and real estate investment expertise.
- Enhance the capabilities of a Portfolio Management department working in a remote environment across U.S. time zones.
Financial Model Development
- Assist with development and maintenance of version-controlled financial model templates in Excel.
- Track and test changes to the financial models and related components, and requests for future improvements.
- Assist with development and maintenance of Excel macros, add-ins and other Microsoft Office automation and database integration components.
Financial Model Data Analysis
- Setup and execute queries and perform data analysis using Power Query and Pivot Table features of Excel and Power BI.
This position requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, finance, computer science or a related field and a minimum 1-3 years of experience using Excel to build models and perform financial and data analysis. Candidate must have some programming skills, including experience working with Excel add-ins or macros and experience integrating Excel with databases. Work with Excel tables and charts and automating other Microsoft Office applications would be helpful. Experience in real estate and tax credit investment analysis is highly preferred, along with technical experience using Visual Basic (VBA), C#, VB.NET, SQL, Visual Studio, Power BI and SharePoint. Communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration across CREA departments on projects. Minimal business travel of up to 5% may occasionally be required.
Candidate must possess and demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration & Approachability)