Reports ToManaging Director, Syndications
LocationBoston, MA; Indianapolis, IN or New York, NY
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners. While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of.
We are currently looking to add a talented Financial Analyst to CREA’s Syndication & Investor Relations group in either our Boston, Indianapolis, or New York City office.
The Syndication and Investor Relations financial analyst will be part of an energetic, growing CREA department working in the multi-family affordable housing industry.
The primary responsibility for this position is the preparation of investor’s financial models and presentation materials, information grids, and benefits schedules. Additional Financial Analyst responsibilities include:
- Prepare investor-specific charts, grids, tables outlining investment parameters and comparisons;
- Prepare investor financial models and benefits schedules;
- Assist in the coordination of the third-party review process for properties in national funds and other investor outlets as needed;
- Assist in the preparation of and updates to sales materials for fund offerings;
- Assist with due diligence reviews for investors;
- Update and monitor deal pipelines for assigned accounts;
- Assist in closings at upper tier partnership level including closing documentation prep & post-closing follow-ups;
- Prepare materials and work with manager to organize sales meetings as needed;
- Respond to ad hoc requests from investors and team members;
- Assist other team members in their responsibilities; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
Minimum academic requirement of a bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics, or a related business major. 1-2 years of professional level work experience in multi-family real estate, investment analysis, underwriting, or finance, preferred. Up to 10% trave required annually, specifically to Indianapolis, IN. Candidate must be highly motivated, pro-active, and possess superior time management skills.
- A high standard and expectation for attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to express complex issues or solutions;
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office products and collaboration tools;
- Possess confidence and initiative to succeed with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while diligently managing competing deadlines;
- Exhibit professionalism, high ethics, and a team philosophy in one’s work