Reports ToSVP, Credit & Underwriting
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners. While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of.
We are currently looking to add a talented Financial Analyst to the Credit & Underwriting department in our Indianapolis, IN or Boston, MA office.
The primary role of this entry-level position is to evaluate potential investments brought to CREA for consideration. Investments are on a national scale and the individual will work closely with other areas of CREA, including Acquisitions, Syndications and Asset Management. In reviewing investments, the individual will research and report on various credit risks associated with the real estate, the development team, and market. Following the underwriting process, the individual will participate in the presentation to recommend the investment to senior leadership.
Primary duties and responsibilities to include:
- Evaluate financial models and operating proformas;
- Analyze historical data and market conditions to project future operating results;
- Review proposed financing and key loan documents;
- Engage and evaluate third party market studies;
- Research the performance and backgrounds of development team members;
- Prepare various reports and summaries of findings.
Minimum academic requirement includes a bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting or another related field. Up to two years of professional level work experience is preferred. A candidate for this position should possess an understanding of multi-family real estate principals and investment analysis.
Successful candidate will be highly motivated, pro-active, possess efficient time management skills and willing to accept new responsibilities as our business grows. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes.
- High level of detail orientation;
- Effective written and oral communication skills to express complex issues or solutions;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Possess confidence and initiative to succeed with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while diligently managing priorities and resources to meet various deadlines;
- Exhibit professionalism, high ethics, and a team philosophy in one’s work.