Reports ToOffice Manager
The primary responsibilities of this newly created position will be receiving visitors and vendors; providing administrative assistance to the Fund Management, Asset Management, and Legal departments; answering and directing calls to appropriate CREA associates; processing incoming/outgoing mail and deliveries; and ensuring the front desk is well maintained in CREA’s Indianapolis office.
Specific tasks and responsibilities of the Front Desk Administrative Assistant will include:
- First point of contact for CREA guests, vendors, building security, Fed/Ex, UPS;
- Retrieve, sort, and deliver daily mail (incoming and outgoing);
- Answer and direct calls received on CREA’s main phone line;
- Administer parking vouchers for CREA visitors;
- Maintain up-to-date conference room calendar scheduling within MS Outlook;
- Order, stock, distribute general Office Supplies;
- Order and stock Café & refrigerators with company provided refreshments;
- Maintain vendor relationship with Peapod and coffee vendor;
- Respond to general office maintenance needs by submitting requests to building management;
- Provide, and collect, EIN letters from various vendors CREA works with;
- Safety Coordinator for the suite and point of contact for building security;
- Place catering orders, when requested;
- Support the Office Manager and Administrative Assistant;
- Scan, email, fax, e-file documents for various departments;
- Other miscellaneous projects and tasks driven by business needs, or department requests.
This position requires a high school diploma, or its equivalent, and at least one year of previous administrative experience, preferably in a professional office setting. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, be able to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner. Experience in developing and managing projects is a plus. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, with a heavy emphasis in Outlook and Excel. Overtime (<5% annually) may be required during certain times of the year. Successful candidates will possess the ability to lift approximately 20 lbs. and be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing, sitting, walking, squatting, and lifting.
Candidate must be able to learn new tasks quickly, possess clear and efficient communication skills, as well as critical thinking and process management skills. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diverse workload. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, positive, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism, initiative, and self-motivation is crucial to this role. The candidate must also possess, and be able to demonstrate effectiveness, with each of the following Key Attributes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information.
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration, and Approachability)