Reports ToVP, Account Manager, Acquisitions
LocationIndianapolis, IN; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA or Sarasota, FL (any CREA office preferred)
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners. While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients
The primary role of this position is to coordinate legal, real estate and project due diligence for qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively take direction to complete tasks and communicate with third party lenders, borrowers, counsel, title companies, and internal personnel.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Perform cursory review of title, survey, organizational documents, loan documents, insurance certificates and other project due diligence to ensure conformance with internal requirements
- Maintain due diligence checklist and track updates with Developers and CREA Counsel
- Manage third party reports to completion working with internal and external constituents
- Coordinate internal approvals
- Analyze and update financial projections for multifamily residential properties
- Draft Investment Committee packages
- Prepare closing packages for transition of projects
- Other duties as requested by senior acquisitions team
A candidate for this position would benefit from a minimum of two years applicable LIHTC or transactional real estate experience. A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field, is desired. Candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills. Overtime at certain times of the year may be required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel and Word. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
- Strong initiative and ability to work without guidance & supervision