Reports ToVice President, Application Development
LocationIndianapolis, IN (preferred)
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates 20 years in business, over $7.8 billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 66,000 homes within 730 properties.
We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes and the communities we serve. We have integrity in all that we do, we embrace differences and treat each other with kindness and respect. We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients. Approaching 140 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with into the future.
We are looking for an experienced Application Developer to join our Information Technology team, who is passionate about solving business challenges with innovative IT solutions. In this role, a successful candidate will work closely with business leaders and fellow members of IT to identify technology needs, design and implement dynamic, reusable, and scalable web application solutions, and facilitate support and adoption by conducting training sessions on new features, responding to user questions, and addressing user feedback. Our ideal candidate is driven to produce technology-based solutions to address the needs of the organization and identify inefficiencies and improvements that can be made through the use of technology.
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys, and maintains client-side Web-based applications for CREA.
- Builds and maintains internal REST APIs.
- Utilizes external APIs for systems integrations and/or data consolidation.
- Designs and updates tables, routines, functions, and views for MySQL databases in accordance with business requirements.
- Converts project specifications to web application solutions using knowledge of programming techniques and existing systems.
- Works with supervisor and department representatives to identify requirements and create detailed plans, sequences, outlines, and flowcharts for development projects.
- Collaborates with Application Developers and other members of IT to develop holistic technology solutions for CREA.
- Assists users with technical requests and questions, including debugging and recreating user issues.
A high school diploma, or its equivalency, is required. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or a related area preferred and 4-6 years of experience as a Computer Programmer, Web-Based Solutions Developer or related field is required. Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must have experience developing in PHP and utilizing PHP frameworks, CakePHP and Lumen/Laravel preferred.
- A working knowledge of MySQL and relational database design principles is required.
- Must have knowledge of object-oriented design principles, C# and/or .NET language experience is a plus, Git and Agile Development practices.
- Must have exposure to Apache and the Ubuntu operating system.
- Must have experience with building secure REST APIs against a specification and utilizing third-party APIs.
- Familiarity with developing within Robotic Process Automation platforms such as UiPath is a plus.
Success in this position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A strong candidate will have experience that illustrates candidate’s ability to effectively lead project development and interact with (internal or external) clients for project requirements gathering, updates, and feedback. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to function well in a team environment as well as work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to interact with Management and employees at all levels
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration & Approachability)