Reports ToSVP, Credit & Underwriting
CREA, LLC is a full service LIHTC Syndicator with tax credit equity financing in excess of $6 billion since inception in 2001. CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional real estate investment is fundamentally sound real estate; our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions. While CREA has continued to grow to well over 100 employees we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with us into the future.
We are currently looking to add a talented Underwriting Analyst to the Credit & Underwriting department in our Indianapolis, IN office.
The primary role of this entry-level position is to underwrite real estate projects during various investment periods for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) properties. Investments are on a national scale with key analysis periods to include the initial investment underwriting, stabilized operations, and permanent loan sizing. Underwriting of refinance opportunities will also be completed on an as needed basis.
Primary duties and responsibilities to include:
- Financial and operating statement analysis;
- Analyze historical data and market conditions to project future operating results;
- Review of financing and key loan documents prior to closing;
- Completion of Excel-based property and market analysis;
- Managing insurance review process;
- Ordering and review of market feasibility reports;
- Ordering and review of background checks;
- Communicate analysis and conclusions to SVP – Underwriting;
- Assist and complete other projects as driven by business needs.
The Underwriting Analyst will work closely with other areas of CREA, including Acquisitions, Syndications and Asset Management.
Minimum academic requirement includes bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting or another related field. Up to two years of professional level work experience is preferred. A candidate for this position should possess an understanding of real estate principals and investment analysis. Successful candidate will be highly motivated, pro-active, possess efficient time management skills and willing to accept new responsibilities as our business grows. Must possess and be able to demonstrate effectiveness with each of the following Key Attributes.
- High level of detail orientation;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Possess confidence and initiative to succeed with minimal supervision;
- Builds professional growth in a teamwork environment;
- Professionalism/Ethics (Trust, Attitude, Commitment, Honesty, Collaboration & Approachability).