Reports ToManaging Director, Account Management, Acquisitions
LocationIndianapolis, IN; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA or Sarasota, FL
CREA was founded on the “Real Estate First” philosophy that behind every exceptional investment is fundamentally sound real estate. Our core business is the development of affordable rental housing utilizing the Low-Income Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) program. Since 2001, CREA has provided over $7.8 billion in equity financing in nearly 800 properties across the country. Our team pledges to provide innovative real estate investment solutions to our developer and investor partners.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients
While CREA has grown to well over 130 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to support the development of affordable housing that everyone can be proud of. We are seeking an experienced and talented VP, Account Manager to grow with our acquisitions team in any one of our CREA office locations.
The primary role of the Vice President – Account Manager, Acquisitions is to maintain client relationships and manage lower tier partnership closings. The position requires the ability to effectively coordinate with legal counsel, third-party vendors, and CREA staff regarding the closing of qualifying Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. Job responsibilities include:
- Structure, analyze, and update financial forecasts;
- Review title, survey, organizational documents, equity documents, loan documents, insurance certificates and environmental documents to ensure conformance with CREA Investment Guidelines, , and other documents customary to LIHTC closings;
- Prepare and present Investment Committee memorandums;
- Coordinate inter-departmental and third-party approvals;
- Participate in post-closing items including, but not limited to, due diligence deliverables, consent requests, and watchlist / workout properties;
- Manage closing team(s); and
- Other duties as requested by the Managing Director – Account Management, Acquisitions.
A qualified candidate will hold a master’s degree, preferably in Finance or Business Administration and five years of applicable LIHTC transactional closing experience; candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a business-related area and ten years of applicable LIHTC transactional closing experience will also be considered. Candidate must have excellent qualitative analytical skills and be an effective communicator. Overtime is required at certain times of the year. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel and Word.