Reports ToManaging Director, Chief Information Officer
LocationAny CREA Office (Indianapolis, IN] Boston, MA] New York, NY] Sarasota, FL] Portland OR] San Diego, CA)
CREA, LLC is a full-service Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. As CREA celebrates over 20 years in business, $8.33+ billion has been raised, contributing to the formation of over 71,000 homes within 796 properties. With over 140 employees, we continue to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with us. We are currently looking to add talent for the position of Vice President, Data Engineering to join the Information Technology team.
Location: Any CREA Office (Indianapolis, IN; Boston, MA; New York, NY; Sarasota, FL,
Portland, OR, San Diego, CA)
Physical Presence: Hybrid, In-office 1-2 days per week on average
The Vice President of Data Engineering will be responsible for implementing, designing, and maintaining CREA data systems. These systems include Master Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Data Integration, as well as all related data pipelines. This person should be a seasoned leader and data practitioner with deep technical depth to drive engineering platforms, initiatives, and partnerships across the company.
- Maintain all Data Infrastructure systems
- Ensure Data Quality and Data Governance are in place across the entire system
- Perform research and make recommendations on the: Data Warehouse, Master Data Management, Data Virtualization Platform, and Data Integrations
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain stable, secure, and scalable data engineering solutions and pipelines in support of data and analytics projects, including integrating new sources of data into our central warehouse and moving data out to applications and affiliates.
- Provide direction to the Data Engineering team
- Produce scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks
- Partner with leadership and stakeholders to ensure team priorities align with business strategy
- Improve and help streamline processes within CREA’s Data Systems
- Champion security and governance and ensure Data Engineering team adheres to all company guidelines
- 8+ years of applicable experience in Data Engineering or development with increasing responsibility, both as an individual contributor and managing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Track record of developing and executing roadmaps and data platforms to strengthen and support decisions and initiatives across the organization.
- Experience with the following: MySQL, SQL Server, Python, Pentaho (or similar), Power BI, O365/Power Apps, GitHub.
- Expertise in integrating and creating data platforms in support of BI, Analytics, Data Science, and real-time applications
- Experience using APIs to push and pull data from various data systems and platforms.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, in both a lead and support role.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of the organization.
- Limited travel to other CREA offices, up to 5% total
- Experience in cloud-based and SaaS data warehouse solutions (e.g., AWS, Snowflake, Hadoop, NoSQL) and developing ETL/ELT pipelines
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure services like AWS and/or Azure.
- Industry experience in Real Estate, Financial Services, Banking, or FinTech
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and threat others with kindness and respect.
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.
CREA believes in rewarding the hard work of all those that make our mission possible. Learn about our competitive employee benefits at MyCREABenefits.com.